News Ticker

Gentlemen’s Club Review: Penthouse Club (Pittsburgh, PA)

IMG_4502Penthouse Club (Pittsburgh, PA)
1620 Pennsylvania Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233
(412) 904-3191

The Low Down

For the most part, I like brands. Whether it be Coca-Cola or Target or even a chain restaurant like Applebee’s, there’s something to be said for the safety and comfort of consistency: when you walk into these establishments, 99% of the time you know exactly what you’re going to get. Penthouse Club Pittsburgh, well… this pretty much sum up the other 1% of the time. I’ve been to three Penthouse Clubs, Philadelphia, New Orleans and New York, and, while each are laid out differently with a slightly different feel, Penthouse Club Pittsburgh is the complete opposite: a club with the “Penthouse” name but not the style, class and luxury of its sister clubs. I arrived at the club at around 10:00pm on a Friday night to a club that was, surprisingly, not that busy at all. As with all of my gentlemen’s club reviews, I rated the club from one to five stars, with five being the best possible score.

Location & Facilities – 3 Stars
Penthouse Club Pittsburgh is located in the Chateau neighborhood, just a few minutes by car from Rivers Casino and Heinz Field. The club itself, which has a rather urban club feel to it and whose interior looks like a converted warehouse space, is a one floor club with one main stage with two poles, plenty of seating, a DJ playing mostly hip-hop selections and three televisions, two of which are located behind their single bar area. Overall, there were about a dozen customers and just as many dancers when I left the club, which was around 11:00pm or so. The most positive quality about this club is that it makes an excellent locals bar; one where staff and customers chat with each other, much like you’d find any corner bar.

Staff – 4 Stars
While I didn’t interact with any of the management during my visit to the club, I have to say that my most enjoyable conversation was with Janet, the fun and energetic hostess on duty that evening. Ashia, the sexy tatted bartender, did an excellent job taking care of my drink orders during the evening.

Food & Drink – 3 Stars
While Penthouse Club Pittsburgh doesn’t serve food, you’ll still find a well-stocked bar with Fireball available chilled. I ordered a Dogfish Head 60 Minute for a reasonable $6.00.

Dancers – 4 Stars
The one thing that REALLY bothered me about this club was that, during the entirety of my visit, not a single dancer got up on stage and danced. Not a single one… not even once. I’ve never been to a gentlemen’s club where the main stage has been completely barren on a weekend evening. The only reason I’m not giving this category lower stars is because of the dancers, who were great conversationalists and didn’t hustle me at all… like I said, corner bar-feel. I spent most of my time with Savoy, a sexy, younger black dancer who gave me an amazing couch dance experience. I spent the latter part of my visit with Sydney, an adorably cute dancer who I’ll definitely be back to visit during my next trip to the club.

Value – 4 Stars
Penthouse Club Pittsburgh offers some pretty good value, but offers little in the way of amenities. The cover is $10, while nude couch dances are $25 per song in conjoined booths with very little privacy. Champagne courts start at $120 for 15 minute and offer a good level of privacy.

Website & Social Media – 1 Star

This club doesn’t have a website. Let that sink in for a minute. No, I’m not joking (unless there’s another website out there and I couldn’t find it)… redirects to the main Penthouse website and, although the club has Facebook and Twitter pages, it doesn’t appear that either has been update in at least a month or so.

In Brief…
If you’re looking for a good locals bar and some friendly dancers, Penthouse Club Pittsburgh will be a good spot for you to check out. If you’re looking for the high-end luxury that comes with the Penthouse brand itself; you may want to try some alternative options.


About cjasher (1591 Articles)
C.J. Asher is a blogger on various subject matters and trending topics related to sexuality, such as prostitution, women's rights, sex trafficking and LGBT issues as well as the adult entertainment industry, having interviewed celebrities such as Dennis Hof and Joanna Angel. C.J. currently resides in Philadelphia, PA and his blog can be found at

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: