Reposted from Grand View Research
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – The global sperm bank market is expected to reach a value of USD 4.96 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The technological advancements pertaining to assistive reproduction, increasing number of countries legalizing same-sex marriage, and growing government support toward sperm donation and donor offspring in various countries are some of the crucial factors expected to boost the market over the forecast period.
In 2015, North America held majority of the revenue share of the sperm bank market. The presence of large number of sperm banks and registered laboratories in North America is one of the key factors that can be accounted for the largest share. The regulations for sperm donation vary as per country; most of the countries have limit on the number of donor off springs and prohibition on the sperm usage of a deceased donor.
The increasing prevalence of infertility has led to huge demand for sperms and the presence of favorable government policies pertaining sperm donation and donor offspring are among some of the key factors anticipated to boost the market over the forecast period. Europe is the fastest growing segment owing to the disparity between demand (high) and supply (low) of sperm.
The growing number of insemination procedures, huge demand for known donors, and huge overall cost incurred in analysis and purification for insemination procedures are few of the factors responsible for majority of revenue share of donor insemination segment. However, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period due to the growing demand for IVF procedures and growing awareness regarding the benefits of IVF over insemination procedures.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Sperm Bank Market Analysis By Donor Type, By Service Type (Sperm Storage, Semen Analysis, Genetic Consultancy), By Technology (Donor Insemination, In-Vitro Fertilization), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025” at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sperm-bank-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In 2015, known donor was the largest donor type segment, owing to the huge cost of known sperms as compared to anonymous
- Despite the presence of huge number of anonymous donors, this segment held a lower share of the overall the market
- In 2015, semen analysis held majority of the revenue share due to the growing R&D, academic research, and assisted reproductive procedures.
- The presence of huge customer base for infertility treatment and withdrawal of one-child policy in China is expected to drive growth in the Asia Pacific region
- Some of the key players are FairFax Cryobank, Inc.; Cryos International; Androcryos; New England Cryogenic Center; Indian Spermtech; European Sperm Bank; Seattle Sperm Bank; Xytex Sperm Bank, and London Sperm Bank.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Behavioral/Mental Health Care Software Market – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/behavioral-mental-health-care-software-market
- MicroRNA Market – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/microrna-market
- Telemedicine Technology Market – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/telemedicine-technology-market
- Pneumonia Market – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pneumonia-market
Grand View Research has segmented the sperm bank market by donor type, service type, end-use and region:
- Sperm Bank Market: Donor Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Known Donor
- Anonymous Donor
- Sperm Bank Market: Service Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Sperm Storage
- Semen Analysis
- Genetic Consultation
- Sperm Bank Market: End-Use Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Donor Insemination
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Sperm Bank Market Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.