Reposted from SWOP-Chicago
SWOP-Chicago is hiring a part-time Projects Manager and Outreach Coordinator with the primary responsibilities of coordinating our weekly street outreach to workers in East Garfield Park and organizing our social media presence to advertise events. The staff person will also assist as needed with planning events and meetings. The staff person will work with a high degree of autonomy and will report to the SWOP-Chicago Board of Directors monthly. Most of the work can be done remotely; however, the staff person will also have access to a desk in a co-working space at our office in 405 W. Superior St.
The successful candidate will have strong organization skills, familiarity with social media platforms, and familiarity with the sex worker community and/or social justice organizing in the larger Chicago area.
Hours and Compensation
The position will begin immediately and will average 6-8 hours a week for 6 months, with an opportunity to renew employment pending grant funding. Hours may be lower or higher in a given week according to programming needs. Compensation begins at $18/hour.
Street Outreach (~4 hours/week)
- Coordinate all supplies and volunteers for weekly street outreach in East Garfield Park (6-8pm on Thursdays)
- Transport supplies to outreach location (car preferred)
- Interface with outreach partners including the Night Ministry
Social Media (~2 hours/week)
- Design materials for and advertise events as needed
- Write and send a monthly e-newsletter
Miscellaneous Assistance (~1 hour/week)
- Print agendas for and attend SWOP-Chicago general body meeting (the second Wednesday of every month, 7-9pm)
- Report to the SWOP Board of Directors once a month
- Assist with fundraising event set-up (we have about 2-3 events a year)
Current and retired sex workers, people of color, and trans* and gender-nonconforming folks are especially encouraged to apply. Please send an updated resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address your familiarity with SWOP, the sex worker community, and/or sex trade. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To ensure your application receives priority review, please submit by noon on Wednesday, July 12.