Reposted from Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority
Tourists and locals encouraged to sip, eat and relax for a good cause in October as restaurants, bars and spas support breast cancer research
Throughout the month of October, tourists and locals can vacation, staycation or daycation in Miami Beach for a cause as the city’s restaurants and hotels honor Breast Cancer Awareness month with a variety of offerings. From cocktails and spa packages to dining deals and dessert, anyone can indulge to help local organizations raise funds to support breast cancer research.
“Our Miami Beach community is dedicated to making an impact as they provide tourists and locals the opportunity to help support Breast Cancer Awareness month through special offers, incentives and events,” said Peggy Benua, Chair of the MBVCA and General Manager of Dream South Beach Hotel. “This donation effort to support breast cancer research across a number of local establishments further exemplifies how Miami Beach is truly like no other place in the world.”
Miami Beach destinations, including the Delano’s Leynia and The Bazaar at SLS South Beach, will donate $1 from each cocktail purchase to the cause, while Nikki Beach Miami Beach and Fontainebleau Miami Beach will donate a portion of proceeds from specific dining deals and spa packages. A complete list of October promotions can be found by downloading the Miami Beach Information (MBI) app from the Apple or Android app stores. Highlights of offerings and events during the month of October include:
Toast to the Cause:
- Sip on The Clover Club Cocktail at The Bazaar and Bar Centro at SLS South Beach or a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rosé at Leynia or Doheny Room at the Delano Hotel South Beach, and $1 from each drink purchased will be donated to the local Miami chapter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Cheers with The Pink Lady at Gianni’s, made with Codigo Rose Tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and rosemary syrup, and 10 percent of proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Savor an Absolut Elyx cocktail at 1 Hotel South Beach and $1 from each drink purchased at Watr, all bars and pools, will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
Relax for the Cause:
- Indulge in a luxurious experience at GUYandGIRL Spa with a treatment incorporating smooth, rounded pink Himalayan salt stones and basalt stones that are heated and applied to the body—causing a deep state of peace and relaxation. This treatment is priced at $129 for 50 minutes and $189 for 80 minutes, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Susan G. Komen’s Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Guests at Fontainebleau Miami Beach can dine, relax and stay at this luxurious hotel and receive overnight accommodations for two and a three-course, prix-fixe dinner at StripSteak by Michael Mina or Scarpetta by Scott Conant; or enjoy a 50-minute Deep Tissue, Abhyanga or Maters Massage for $129. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the University of Miami’s Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Dine for the Cause:
- Have cake and eat it too at Icebox Cafe on South Beach. During the month of October, 50 percent of proceeds from the sale of pink champagne and a slice of pink coconut cake during dinner hours, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m., will benefit local charities dedicated to fighting breast cancer.
- Indulge in dessert and Rosé at Nikki Beach Miami Beach from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. on Oct. 21. Full proceeds from the sale of dessert will be donated to The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
For more information and updates on Miami Beach, download the Miami Beach Information App at www.miamibeachapi.com/app/.
ABOUT MIAMI BEACH
Recently named the World’s Leading City Tourist Board in 2016 and 2016 North America’s Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards, first place in the 2017 and 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the categories of “Best LGBTQ Destination” and “Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada” and a winner of the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of “Destinations | Mobile App”, “Overall Spa Destinations| U.S and Canada” and “Overall Beaches Destinations| U.S and Canada” respectively, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world’s most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for ‘walkability’ and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination has been ranked by TripAdvisor as a Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations, Top Romantic Destinations, Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world!